Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ccw

North

Yes. It is amazing that MN is less restrictive in it's carry laws than lots of other states I can carry in.

I will have to do further research on New Mexico as I will probably be down there again in August.

Make sure you read the laws concerning where you may carry in NM. IIRC, it's a felony to carry in a grocery store that sells alcoholic beverages for consumption off the premises, even if you're not buying any.

I have seen signs posted here in TX with a warning to that effect. I believe the law actually says the Unlicensed possession of a firearm is a felony... Posted by mistake - or deliberately done to mislead - I don't know....

Alcohol specific gun bans vary by state. In TX, you need to send your CPA in to the business to see if they get more than 50% of their income (not sure it that's gross or net) from alcholo sales. Alternatively, a 30.06 (yes, really) sign can establish a local ban in TX.

In VA, it's illegal to carry in the food court of a mall if any business is licenses to sell alcohol for consumption in that area.

AZ also has what is called a "restaurant ban" - the legislature voted to overturn it, but the AZ gov vetoed it.

Here is the People's Republic of Massachusetts, carry permits are not invalidated in restaurants and bars, however, there is a law against CWI.

Edited by Rob Boudrie

I have seen signs posted here in TX with a warning to that effect. I believe the law actually says the Unlicensed possession of a firearm is a felony... Posted by mistake - or deliberately done to mislead - I don't know....

Non-NM content:

In Texas, those signs in grocery stores and some non-51% restaurants do not apply to Texas CHLs... the text is correct, it applies only to unlicensed carry.

Besides the few places prohibited in the law itself (school, sporting events, courts, polling places, etc), and the 51% bars (which should be posted), the only thing Texas CHLs have to worry about are signs that meet the requirements in section 30.06 of the law, specifying text, english and spanish, contrasting lettering at least 1" high (means sign about 2'x3'). Any other signs can be ignored. Proper 30.06 signs are very rarely seen in my experience.