Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Research

Flyin40

The grips are VZ Grips, black paper. I've been real pleased with them, especially for IDPA as my concealment garment does not drag on them. I'd also like to try their blasted black canvas grips as they are more "grippy" than the black paper and would perhaps be a better choice when not carrying concealed.

He polishes the chrome on the flats on the gun. Tripp said almost everyone get is done like that. Its not a mirror finish but it is has more of a shine to it but is only on the flats of the slide.

Heres one that is polished......polished . This is what I was referred to when I ask about the polished slide.

I think I'm going with the brushed finish, just looks better to me. I have seen too many polished gun out there this past yr.

Flyin40

Ok, just got off the phone with them, The chrome finish is Satin, you can have it brushed to give a polished look.

Basically...

Satin=like a matte chrome finish

Brushed sides=polished flats on slides

I went with the all Satin for the open gun

Flyin40

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are my ESP and CDP guns built and plated by Virgil. He doesn't just know a thing or two about plating; he knows how to build them things, too. :)

I've also had 3 other guns hard chrome plated and/or Cobra Coated, and have two more on the way to Alpine as we speak. There is just no reason to go anywhere else for a good finish - silver or black.

Tripp_2.jpg

i had an open gun built and chromed at the same time by virgil, OUTSTANDING WORK!

FAST turnaround, good work and its 100 percent reliable.

Nice looking IDPA pistols, come shoot some limited SOON!

BTW, im about to have a gun rebarreld and re-comped, plus the slide lightened....guess where its going...The master himself V. tripp.