Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Slipping Off Safety

AlamoShooter

It should go straight up and down. If it is making a circle you might be causing it. Are you touching the frame with your left thumb?

The left thumb is up on an add on to the scope mount, it is mostly in place for picking the gun up off a table, but I do put my left thumb on it now, Sooo we could add that ot one more thing I changed in my normal shooting platform.

The safety/ thumb problem is definitly narowed down to tension & a bad detent in the new safety

It is determined that the right thumb did not slip off so much as it was pushed off when the back of the left thumb pushed the safety on.

If the detent had ben better and if I had not ben so tight and if I was not trying to break out of an old comfort zone, if if if it would not have happend.

What is grate, is I found out how much very good help is on the Forum. =!thanks! :D

The "balloon shape"d pattern the dot is taking is likely due to non-neutral grip pressure or that left thumb on the kickstand.

I had some challenge Saturdate with getting any sort of consistent dot movement on my gun, due to my seeming insistence on gripping it like my .40... ;) Finally figured it out a little bit on that last stage :)

The "balloon shape"d pattern the dot is taking is likely due to non-neutral grip pressure or that left thumb on the kickstand.

I had some challenge Saturdate with getting any sort of consistent dot movement on my gun, due to my seeming insistence on gripping it like my .40... ;) Finally figured it out a little bit on that last stage :)

That ...last ...stage...oh my my. I have no resson for not knowing that target was at the window.

That ...last ...stage...oh my my. I have no resson for not knowing that target was at the window.

That's how we learn, my friend :) BTDT... I think overlooking a target happens to everyone at least once in their IPSC shooting career.

My prestage routine involves (amongst a lot of other stuff) checking the course description for the prescribed number of rounds, and then making sure I've *found* that many shots in the course when I look it over. I put that in after I did exactly what you did once... :) The only time it gets tricky is when you can see targets from more than one spot in the stage - then you have to be careful :)

You know it's bad when the RO says "******IIIIIFFFFFFFFF****** you are finished.................... <wink> <wink> <nudge> <nudge> .... unload and show clear....." :lol::D

That's how we learn, my friend :) BTDT... I think overlooking a target happens to everyone at least once in their IPSC shooting career.

Just one?!

Notice: There are several of you guys who can forget this step right now. I've missed a lot of 'em, so I weighted the curve in your favor. :D