Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Think I Like Revolver

mcb

Well it all started out sort of ruff when at my first steel match late last fall with my new, to me, S&W 610 revolver I double charge it.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29199

Well after getting it back from S&W (very quickly I might add) I have finally gotten to shoot some USPSA matches with it. Both have been indoor matches, being its cold here in NE Ohio. But I have really enjoyed shooting the revolver and after two matches it seem the revolver likes me too. :wub: I have shoot as good or better than my limited-10 scores on several of the stages. At present I am a 57% C classified L-10 shooter.

The first match had several strings that involved weak hand only shooting and I had not practiced that very much and not all yet with the revolver. Let me say that those stages were ugly but not as ugly as I probably deserved. The double action trigger with the left hand is funky feeling, more so then my semi-auto.

The second match a fellow shooter let me try (ultimately selling it to me) his cup challenge holster. Wow I like that a lot compared to my all leather Vega holster that puts the grip in my armpit buy the time I got the 6.5 inch barrel out of the holster.

For ammo I was using 5.4 grains of N340 and Berry's round nose bullets. I am switching over to N320 and will be working up a new load but the Berry's round nose seem to work really well. Fast reloads with the round nose compared to the truncated cone of the UMC I was using before getting my reloader for christmas was a dramatic improvement.

All in all I am really looking forward to getting the revolver outside on some stages were I get to move more. The long 6.5 inch barrel compared to my 5 inch XD make a noticable difference in my accuracy. I think stages with steel are going to be alot of fun.

Thanks for all the help guys I'm sure I will have more revolver questions to come. Hopefully I will see a few revolver guys this summer at various matches.

Thanks

mcb