Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

26 for Production

Joe

Did a seach and the only post I could find was July of 2001 that covered this.  So I thought I'd ask again.

I am going to use my 26 for Production.  It's my CCW and I want to get some quality trigger time w/it.  I used it a couple of series ago at our local club matches in L10 and did well.  Right now I'm shooting L10 w a single-stack .45 and will continue w/it.

Anyway, I have a couple of mod questions.  I've changed the serrated trigger for a smooth, have the extended slide and mag catches and Pearce pinkie extentions on the mags.  Is this legal for Production?  If not what do I need to change?  Also I'm taking for granted that Trijicon's and the NY1/3.5# trigger combo is legal along with my DeSantis E1 holster and UM kydex mag carriers.

TIA,

Joe

Joe,

I use the NY1 /3.5 Disc.  combo in Production.  My compliments on your good taste.  That's actually the combo that most of the Glock factory people prefer.  That's perfectly legal in Prod.

I think the external mods are probably illegal, but screw it.  Just leave it be and go shoot it.  Somebody's going to have to be pretty damn petty to accuse you of having a G26 with an "unfair" advantage.  Just have them give the plaque/ribbon/cupie doll to the next guy in line in when you win.  Although, people might start looking mighty embarassed after you start smoking the 40 and 50 yards shots with the G26.  I can't believe how accurate that puppy is.  It's ridiculous.  :)

Have a ball!

E

I find the major drawback of the G26 is trying to reload the itty bitty magazines, extensions or not. I suppose G19 or G17 magazines would be legal and easier to reload, though not quite as ergonomic for the pinky. I have a Pearce extension (the shorter, smooth kind, as opposed to the longer, checkered Scherer) that prevents the mag from easily seating, so I make sure I don't reload to that mag.

One thing I do is take a black Sharpie marker and blacken the white outlines around the Trijicon tritium tubes.

I was thinking about cutting off the slide release tab because my grip tended to ride it and the slide wouldn't lock open when empty. But I guess my grip has improved and that hasn't happened recently.

Get your grip right and get a good sight picture because that little gun is unforgiving; it will fling shots off the targets if you don't have everything right. Follow through your shots.