Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being Able To Put Down The Paint Brush

carinab

So as some of you have noticed from previous hate rants, I've been trying to fix up the old homestead. It's something I should have done when we bought the house BEFORE we moved into it. However, a leaky water heater and the required wood floor restoration finally persuaded me to "git 'er done."

Okay - confession time....I'm not completely done. I still have a fireplace mantel and an entertainment center to build and some art to hang up. Oh yeah, and handles to attach to the cabinet doors....But those are projects that won't take long and don't involve a paint brush (no - staining ain't the same as painting!). What I am finished with having my house upside down. My office is finally back to being an office, my living room has furniture, and my hobby room no longer looks like the Salvation Army warehouse. I like that a lot! I also like that both hubby and daughter were patient and helpful during this whirlwind of activity - I couldn't have had a better crew.

Here are the pics

Bath:post-4300-1137783969_thumb.jpgpost-4300-1137783989_thumb.jpg

And yes, I actually installed both sinks, the faucets and built/stained the countertop.

Living room:post-4300-1137784095_thumb.jpgpost-4300-1137784199_thumb.jpg

Game room:post-4300-1137784294_thumb.jpgpost-4300-1137784932_thumb.jpg

Kitchen:post-4300-1137784386_thumb.jpgpost-4300-1137784407_thumb.jpg

Edited by carinab

My wife and I used to watch the home improvement type shows....When we moved to the Deep Woods we decided we would buy us a "nice old home" and remodel it. We choose an old Methodist parsonage to "fix up." 2 years later we finished it. NEVER AGAIN! I think I could have built a new brick for 1/2 the expense. :wacko:

You don't own old houses, they own you. I learned that from a friend and his wife that JUST finished a 10+ year restoration on a 100 year old Victorian style home.

They looked at it as a hobby. Not a for profit adventure (although the home is probably worth 10x what they paid for it now).