Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock And Barrel Ports

TimWarner

Right now I'm running a G17C.

I cut open the port slots a-la G34, and have a KKM barrel now with an SJC 5-port comp on the way this week.

What I want to do is move my carver slide ride back another 1/4 inch or so, and add 6 ports, 2 rows of 3 roughly 3/32 diameter, .240" from C/L. This would leave the rear-most 2 ports just barely under the blast deflector, and the front 4 in the clear.

Anyone have any experience doing this, or any thoughts?

I'm going to check into the tools at work and see if I have the drill bits and a jig I can use, but I thought I'd check in here and get some input before I do any drilling.

I don't think you want ports under your blast deflector. It will torque your scope and mount, I believe.

It's not directly under, but would clip the front edge of the deflector it looks like.

I could always leave the rear most 2 holes off and go with 4 that are in the clear

I don't think you want ports under your blast deflector. It will torque your scope and mount, I believe.

It's not directly under, but would clip the front edge of the deflector it looks like.

I could always leave the rear most 2 holes off and go with 4 that are in the clear

That's what I would do, leave off the two back ports that are under the deflector. Could you post some pics of this project gun? Especially the slide cut & the comp.

Thanks,

GlockSpeed31

Tim,

with the comp you have I would use only two ports no larger than.135 on the center line of the top of the barrel on .340 to .40 center. You will find the comp very efevtive as is and you will use much less powder. Try one hole first and then a second.I also would recomend a center cutting mill bit as piercing the barrel will leave a much nicer finish on the inside of the barrel.

Johnnie

Edited by Mad Scientist

First, I'm going to try a couple loads and play with the comp. I want to get a good feel for it before I start changing anything. Most of my thoughts on the porting come from only using the 3-port KKM.

If I do decide to do porting, I'll probably start down at 3/32, which is the smallest cutter I've got, and go slow up from there. As long as I can get a load that feels right for me, I'll probably leave out the porting, since I'm not running major. There's no sense in cutting up a good barrel if I don't need to.

Also, how much does bleeding off the gas via porting affect the compensator effectiveness?