Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's like Christmas

fishnfst

Hello all just received my new ghost holster in the mail today.  Anything I should know about it before I start playing with it?  I saw a guy drop his gun out of one a couple of weeks ago at a local club match.  Any tips about the use of this holster?  Besides practice practice practice????

Just make sure it's really in the holster (you should feel the spring-loaded ball). Lock it after a stage. Give it a tug upward to confirm it's locked.

When you draw, don't twist the gun. It needs to be dead straight in there. You only have to go a little ways up, then you can go forward.

Be absolutely sure you drill that hole in the correct place.  There could be big problems otherwise.  One problem I experienced was not so much knowing where to drill the hole, but not being able to drill straight in due to the drill chuck coming in contact with the bottom of the dust cover.  Turned out OK, but it would have been much easier and safer if I'd bought a longer bit which would have eliminated the interference caused by the shorter bit.  

Not sure if new Ghosts have a pin adjustment, but if som screw it in a good bit so it actually engages the triggergaurd and secures the gun.  Some folks back it out too far thinking they will get a faster draw. The pin is what makes the Ghost work.

How tight is the holster supposed to be on the trigger guard?  Mine is super tight.  Is there a difference between the 2nd and 3rd generation glock trigger guard that would make a differnce.  Should I sand down the trigger guard to make it a little bit looser?  Or will it work its self in?

Thanks