Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! Jerry's Video Didn't Tell Me This...

Cuz

Ok, I watched the video and decided I could take my 625 apart even though it was one of the new types and was a bit different than the video. I had some problems, but thought I had them worked out until a small pin seemed to appear out of nowhere. I couldn't figure out where it came from. I put the gun together without it to see whether or not it would work and it appeared to until the firing pin fell out into the gun and jammed it up. I opened the gun and saw what I think is now the whole where the pin fell out of. It looks like the pin that holds the firing pin in the frame. Only problem now is that I can't fit the firing pin back into the frame. I took out the little spring just to see if the firing pin would fit and it doesn't seem to. Are there any tricks to getting the firing pin back in? Help please...

-Cuz.

Are there any tricks to getting the firing pin back in? Help please...

-Cuz.

You may have a bent or broken firing pin. You also could now have a burr in the channel it goes into. Either way, I have spare pins, retainer pins, springs, and a tapered broach to clean the channel so let me know if you want to meet Sunday AM.

Gary

If you look the firing pin you will notice a flat area milled out of it. When you put the pin back in make sure the flat area is facing down so that the little pin can fit in there. Push the firing pin forward a bit, again so that pin can fit into the slot and you are all set.

If you look the firing pin you will notice a flat area milled out of it. When you put the pin back in make sure the flat area is facing down so that the little pin can fit in there. Push the firing pin forward a bit, again so that pin can fit into the slot and you are all set.

Thanks,

I thought I tried that but I will check again just to be sure.

-Cuz.

-Cuz.

You may have a bent or broken firing pin. You also could now have a burr in the channel it goes into. Either way, I have spare pins, retainer pins, springs, and a tapered broach to clean the channel so let me know if you want to meet Sunday AM.

Gary

Thanks for the info. I don't have any time to look at it tonight so I'll wait till tomorrow to give it another try. I'll let you know how I make out.

-Cuz.

Gary

Gary,

Thanks a bunch for fixing my 625 this morning. You made the 70 mile drive worthwhile. Once again a member of BE.com has come thru for me and helped out a fellow shooter. I really appreciate you taking your time (and using your spare parts) to fix my gun. Looking forward to seeing you again this season at Bass River and Manville matches.

There is nothing like the hospitality of the shooting community.

-Cuz.

Gary,

Thanks a bunch for fixing my 625 this morning. You made the 70 mile drive worthwhile. Once again a member of BE.com has come thru for me and helped out a fellow shooter. I really appreciate you taking your time (and using your spare parts) to fix my gun. Looking forward to seeing you again this season at Bass River and Manville matches.

There is nothing like the hospitality of the shooting community.

-Cuz.

Glad to help. Now that you know where the range is, see you first Sunday in April. Better yet, S&W Sat Feb 04 for ICORE ;)

Next I need to get my Bulls Eye friend into USPSA B)

Gary