Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

90 degree mounts,,

Joe4d

Just put a BMT and old school Cmore on my open revolver,, I kinda like it,, and somewhere under all that GAK is a revolver..
I have seen these on open autos over the years.. But dont recall ever seeing one for any optic other than a C more... I would think some of these micro's would work pretty well at a 90 and setting on the bore,.

There was a 90 deg. mount for the Aimpoint T1/H1 to mount to a Tanfoglio.  It attached to a TF's right side so puts the brightness and windage adjustments on top.  T2/H2s are slightly taller than old gen. and wouldn't be centered over the bore on that mount.

Can't see a case for the majority of the other micros with their windows being sized and shaped the way that they are (letter-boxed retectangle).  Plus, if the mount centered the micro red dot over the bore, you wouldn't have any clearance to be able to adjust windage.

Edited by kl3309

1 hour ago, RGC said:

Love the slide rides.  Just need to compensate mentally for those sub 10yd targets.

not really.. Thats the point of the mount, puts the dot on nearly the same plane as regular irons