Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NAS3 Bulge removal question

So I have about 2k cases and they are through the press now 3 times. Love them. I have a few new pistols and they have a bulge now. Has anyone fixed a bulge on these cases before?

Thanks!

EDIT: Yes, I know about the special dies and I am using them.

Edited by scubawookie
Added info

20 hours ago, scubawookie said:

Has anyone fixed a bulge on these cases before?

I bought some with all the special dies, and decided they are far more hassle than they are worth.

BTW I have a roll sizer and they don't roll size.

The joint between the aluminum base and steel upper tended to get loose.

20 hours ago, HesedTech said:

I bought some with all the special dies, and decided they are far more hassle than they are worth.

BTW I have a roll sizer and they don't roll size.

The joint between the aluminum base and steel upper tended to get loose.

Nuts. I was really hoping this wouldnt be the case. You try a push through method like the Lee bulge buster? I keep thinking that might be the only way forward

2 hours ago, scubawookie said:

Nuts. I was really hoping this wouldnt be the case. You try a push through method like the Lee bulge buster? I keep thinking that might be the only way forward

I found 2 (okay more than 2) issues with the cases and both have to do with the joint between the base and case.

Even with brand new never shot cases they required a heavier hammer spring to ignite in my CZ S2 (11.5 lb is what I use). 

The second issue is even with the special dies, the joint would loosen slightly on the second reload.

Mechanically it is impossible to fully eliminate even a small amount of movement between the base and upper steel case. Every reload will increase this movement.

For the price I loved them over new brass. They were also very accurate (tight groups) due to case volume being consistent, but a no go in the end.

One issue I had was case feeding for volume reloading. Because of their light weight I could not eliminate upside down cases so they got loaded one at a time on a 550. 3000 case later I was ready to scream.

Good luck, mine went in the trash.

• 1 month later...