Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Performance Trigger Overtravel

Hey mods, please let me know if this isn’t in the right thread but I was wondering if anyone that has experience installing overtravel screws in the trigger housing (Glock) would consider doing this for me on a Glock Performance Trigger Housing.  I don’t have the tools or know how to do this and would love to pay somebody who has the skill to do this.  Thanks guys!

The GPT that I've got on my desk right now has approximately 0.060" overtravel.  An OEM gun usually has about 0.125" of overtravel.  Given that some extra play NEEDS to be in the system to allow for tolerance stacking and the fact that the whole chassis is rather flexible, I don't know if I'd really play with getting it much tighter.  If we could get it down to 0.030, would it be worth the cost and potential for reliability issues?

Just thoughts....

Now, if one were to insist, the procedure would be the same as for a Gen1 thru 4 Overtravel Stop.  I've seen it done two ways.  Both are done inside the Trigger Mechanism Housing, because you can't drill and tap the trigger shoe itself:

-  You could just drill through the back of the Trigger Mechanism Housing into the slot for the Drop Safety, tap the hole for a set screw and have some adjustability.  The issue there is that "adjustability" can move, go out of adjustment, and cause all sorts of havoc.

or,

- you can drill vertically through the Trigger Mech Housing, impinging again into the back part of the Drop Safety Slot.  Fit a small length of drill rod into that hole and you'll make a hard stop for the cruciform to bear against.  Adjust with a file until it works right.  The downside of this is "fitting is a bitch!", but it'll never go out of adjustment.

If the 'smith screws up the TMH body, you'll play hell trying to get a replacement.  It is not the same housing as standard.

I say all that to say this: No matter how you do it, it's not going to be as nice as a well-adjusted O/T stop on a 1911.  The stops fitted inside the Trigger Mech Housing still have flex in them between the shooter's finger and the point-of-adjustment.  I'd just stay with the stock GPT.

Edited by Braxton1

I installed a Johnny Glock Vexx trigger shoe on my GPT, and that solved it for me. His shoe is adjustable, so you can tweak it if you want.