Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun chest rig recommendations

My self and a friend are shooting our second major. At the 1st one we had to borrow a chest ring because we could only hold about 24 shells on our belts and one of the stages had us go through around 60-70 rounds. 

We don’t want to be a burden on other shooter and we figure we can split the cost of a chest rig and share it for big events. Any one have recommendations for ones that worked well for them? Or maybe a line on a used one. 

I have an Invictus and King Competition chest rig. The Invictus is easy to load shells and pulls easily, but the shells can become dislodged if bumped. The King was expensive, but is an amazing chest rig, it holds the shells with great retention, but pulls super easily, I have gone prone with the king chest rig on and didn't lose any shells. The Invictus strap is easy, to get on and off, but can shift up and down if not super tight. I mounted the king to a Molle chest rig, and it takes a second to get on, but stays put while running and gunning. Hope this helps

I too went with a KINGS and highly recommend it. I made it into a chest rig with the straps from a Kenai chest holster. Had it modified by removing the holster and attaching a round disk of thick kydex to it and mounting the kings to the flat kydex plate. works incredibly well and does not move around or restrict movement.