Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pull Weight

Flyin40

Well I went ahead and bought the Koenig hammer, egw sear and infinity Tri-Glide sear spring for my open gun and installed it tonight. The only problem is its really light. I put in a heavier hammer spring and it brought it up to 1 3/4 lbs. This is really light to what I'm used too. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I had a new limited gun put togther by my smith and had those components installed. Figured I might as well have the same setup in both guns.

I have a question about the sear spring. The SV Triglide is a lightened spring so when you bend it to apply more pressure to the sear it doesn't really add that much weight to the trigger pull. I was curious what everyone else uses. I put the original sear spring in at first and the pull weight was 3 1/4 lbs. I'll I did was switch sear springs and it dropped to 1 1/2 lbs. That seem to light for me so I put in a heavier hammer spring and bent the arm for the sear a bit. The pull went up to 1 3/4lbs then.

I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Flyin40

If it holds up, I don't see a problem? :huh: I'd love to trade you some stock parts for yours that I guarantee will result in a heavier trigger pull. :)

Well I went ahead and bought the Koenig hammer, egw sear and infinity Tri-Glide sear spring for my open gun and installed it tonight. The only problem is its really light. I put in a heavier hammer spring and it brought it up to 1 3/4 lbs. This is really light to what I'm used too. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I had a new limited gun put togther by my smith and had those components installed. Figured I might as well have the same setup in both guns.

I have a question about the sear spring. The SV Triglide is a lightened spring so when you bend it to apply more pressure to the sear it doesn't really add that much weight to the trigger pull. I was curious what everyone else uses. I put the original sear spring in at first and the pull weight was 3 1/4 lbs. I'll I did was switch sear springs and it dropped to 1 1/2 lbs. That seem to light for me so I put in a heavier hammer spring and bent the arm for the sear a bit. The pull went up to 1 3/4lbs then.

I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Flyin40

Well just go back from the range. The triggers were awesome. Neither the limited gun or the open gun had any issues. I still didn't feel comfortable shooting that light of a trigger. I came home and adjusted the sear spring some more. One trigger came in at 2lbs 4ozs and the other came in just a little bit heavier at 2lbs 5ozs. Nice crisp triggers.

Flyin40

Well just go back from the range. The triggers were awesome. Neither the limited gun or the open gun had any issues. I still didn't feel comfortable shooting that light of a trigger. I came home and adjusted the sear spring some more. One trigger came in at 2lbs 4ozs and the other came in just a little bit heavier at 2lbs 5ozs. Nice crisp triggers.

Flyin40

Enjoy, be happy, have fun, count your blessings. This is not a carry gun, is it? You'll get used to the trigger. Otherwise, don't bite the hand that feeds you. :D You wanted a lighter trigger pull didn't you? Also by putting in the Koenig "light" hammer and "heavier" hammer spring you further improved your lock timing. What is that you said: "The triggers were awesome. Neither the limited gun or the open gun had any issues". You are not complaining, are you? <_<:wacko::wub:

Enjoy, be happy, have fun, count your blessings. This is not a carry gun, is it? You'll get used to the trigger. Otherwise, don't bite the hand that feeds you. :D You wanted a lighter trigger pull didn't you? Also by putting in the Koenig "light" hammer and "heavier" hammer spring you further improved your lock timing. What is that you said: "The triggers were awesome. Neither the limited gun or the open gun had any issues". You are not complaining, are you? <_<:wacko::wub:

The triggers are great, I just didn't want a sub 2lb trigger, not yet anyways. The heavier hammer spring was put in with in intention to get a little heavier trigger pull but I knew the secondary effect would be a faster lock time from your other thread. I also don't have to worry about light hits(though I never had one last yr with the 15lb hammer spring but I was using a heavier hammer) with a heavier spring and a lighter hammer, I picked that from your post on the other thread too.

Thkx

Flyin40

Be carful bending that SVI sear spring. The metal make up seems to make them a little more prone to breakage, and they are not giving the things away. Is it just me or will a lighter trigger hold up longer in an open gun? I suppose the comp will make a difference, taming the recoil.

Be carful bending that SVI sear spring. The metal make up seems to make them a little more prone to breakage, and they are not giving the things away. Is it just me or will a lighter trigger hold up longer in an open gun? I suppose the comp will make a difference, taming the recoil.

I have heard that before about the springs. I just put a slight bend in them. I didn't adjust them that much. I have read where they will break if a large bend is tried or repeated adjusting back and forth, and yes they are not cheap, at $20 a pop its best to take it easy on them.

Flyin40