Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely grips

I have had several guns with cheely grips. I just got two new blasters and its digging in the webbing of my hand

my older blaster same grip no issues

they are almost identical but the safeties i ground one down but still have an issue

can the safety be wider causing this?

I had the same issue with an lsi outlaw grip, maybe it's the way I grip the gun but I started gripping my shooting thumb more over my support thumb and off the gun a bit more and my problem went away 

The weird part is its the same identical everything its not the safeties either i played with that

its so odd

i may have to change my strong hand grip to the left more a bit

How well is that area blended?

I burrowed an STI DVC that was poorly blended and was super uncomfortable to shoot.

My LSI gripped Prodigy and two Cheely gripped open guns(Brazos and Akai) are blended smoothly and I don't have that issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a lot of blending / edge breaking on the Cheely stainless steel - aggressive grip I put on my LO build before I sent the pistol out for DLC.  I had to spend time on the area you describe up around the beaver tail and safety as well as the lower area around the mag release and trigger guard.  Happy I spent the time blending as it is much more comfortable to grip than when the grip was new out of the box.