Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Suckage

John Dunn

I feel like crap for unintentionally getting a guy fired.

Had a burst pipe in the house while on vacation, came home to soggy furniture and collapsed ceilings downstairs. Our contractor (my partner's husband) had a crew out putting up the drywall, and I noticed an open beer can around 10:30 am. I thought it was funny because my experience with roofers and drywallers is that they work like hell, but may get the DT's if deprived of beer for too long. :) Note this is my personal experience, not a slam to any in the construction trades....see how PC I am?

So I'm talking with my partner about how hard it is to hire good employees who will actually show up and work, and how you often hire the best available, not the best. In passing I mentioned the beer as an example. I didn't care that the guy had a beer one iota.

Long story short, I guess contractors don't like folks drinking on the job, in case of injuries, WC insurance, etc. The guy got canned. I feel like a dumb*ss for opening my big mouth.

Having the house all torn up sucks as well.

Plus I've had to self delete about 20 posts lately (before initial posting) because they were all pissy to one degree or another.

.......Plus I've had to self delete about 20 posts lately (before initial posting) because they were all pissy to one degree or another.

I really hate that I have been unable to resist replying to some of these never ending "I can piss further than You" threads.

I hate that the "Have to have the last WORD" syndrome exist in me also.

I hate that the above traits cause others to see great shooting sports in a negative light.

I hate that this last year has been filled with health problems for shooters I know. Three of them have had heart problems over the last year, one of them getting a major heart attack in the middle of a match. At least one shooter has had a series of great personal tragedies which would make a lesser man eat a bullet. And all these people are some of the nicest folks you would ever meet.

I'm assuming this is the first Friday Flamer of Y2K6, so I'll echo what was said in the most recent T-Shirt Hell email:

2006 is not off to a good start. Almost a million people were gathered in Times Square with a clean shot at Regis Philbin, and not one of them had the guts to take him out.