Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 red dot universal mount?

depending on the gun you need to buy corresponding plates to what footprint optic you want to run. there is a lot of cross compatibility with the RMR which works for the SRO, 507c 507 Comp, obviously RMR and HD. most ppl run either an Acro plate, DDP, RMR in some cases romeo max plates. industry standard is Dawson but depending on manufacturer they do differ ie. MPA with the Accuracy X design

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

No such thing as a universal mount, there's too much variation in the different footprints to even be able to make something like that.

There are some plates out there that have a bunch of holes in them and recoil studs you can relocate so you can mount multiple different optics to the same plate. 

But, that doesn't mean that plate will fit on the OP's 2011. We'd probably need more info. I think you're likely better off just getting the plate for the optic you want to use. If you ever switch get a new plate. 

6 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

There are some plates out there that have a bunch of holes in them and recoil studs you can relocate so you can mount multiple different optics to the same plate.

I think I saw something about that a while back somewhere on the 'net. The thing is, when you have something like that that does many things, it does them okay but doesn't do any of them great.

11 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I think I saw something about that a while back somewhere on the 'net. The thing is, when you have something like that that does many things, it does them okay but doesn't do any of them great.

I ran one on a 320 for a while years back, it was fine. They're great if either you can't find the dedicated plate you need. Or you're looking to try a couple different optics. 

Certainly not my go to choice. 

I tried a few for open and did not like how they were mounting the optics to the plate and the blast shield. Maybe your best bet is to try other people's dot and see?