Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Have any Experience with Gideon Omega Red Dot??

I'm getting another pistol in a few months are starting to look for a new red dot. Right now I use Holosuns 507Cs and a Trijicon SRO. I happened to watch an online gun review and the guy had this Gideon Omega red dot that he liked. What caught my attention was that the window is a little bigger than the SRO.

I've never heard of Gideon so I went to their website. The dot is less than 1/2 the cost of an SRO and has a lifetime warranty. But like I said I've never heard of them. I could be throwing away $200.

Anyone own one of these or come across one? Would love to get some feedback.

Played with a buddy's Gideon last week. He's ran it a while, and it's holding up. I thought the dot was too dim on the highest setting in regular Ohio sunshine, and too small for my eyes. After using the green 507comp, I don't think I'll be buying anything else. That includes SRO's.

• 1 month later...

As a card carrying member of the el cheapo club, I've noticed many YouTube reviews about this line of "Red dot".

I can't figure out if they are all legit or all shills. Maybe some of both. Lots of excellent reviews mostly end up with the glass cracked on purpose. Why? I try NOT to drop my pistol. Anyhoo, I thank the OP for asking about this "new" brand. To me they just scream clone of SRO and Holosun. Not that much cheaper either. I hope they are great in the long run. Always good to have options.

Ron

Palmetto State Armory carries the Holosun 407A for $199 but sometimes have them on sale for $179.

I bought two at $179 and it is my go to cheap optic. I have a 507 Comp on my main competition gun but the 407's have held up very well.

21 hours ago, truespode said:

Palmetto State Armory carries the Holosun 407A for $199 but sometimes have them on sale for $179.

I bought two at $179 and it is my go to cheap optic. I have a 507 Comp on my main competition gun but the 407's have held up very well.

I have that 407A as well, a poor man's RMR. Can't be it for $179-$199, but not optimal for a competition dot. The one I'd like to try is the Swampfox Justice II green dot, but they are perpetually out of stock.