Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Geocites Website Changes? Help!

OH ,,This is why I dont keep hammers in my office

I did a 'free' website in geocites before it was Yahoo. pre 1999 and to make it worse I changed my server and email to SBC DSL service.

How do I get into this 'old' site to make corections?

SBC / Yahoo is less not much help

Jamie

Alamo Sport Shooting Club

Edited by AlamoShooter

I did a 'free' website in geocites before it was Yahoo. pre 1999 and to make it worse I changed my server and email to SBC DSL service.

Jamie

Try using this link:

Yahoo Sign In

When the page opens, log in with your user name and password, and you should be directed to your website control panel. Hope that helps.

Jamie

Try using this link:

Yahoo Sign In

When the page opens, log in with your user name and password, and you should be directed to your website control panel. Hope that helps.

Thanks,, But that is for the 'New' Yahoo geocites.

my site was an old one 1997-1999 pre yahoo merger, the Yahoo /SBC guys act like like I am taulking with smoke siganls or Cave drawings.

I think I need a "computer Hack' if that is not a bad word. The new Geocites just wonts me to go away and ignore the old web site. :blink:

As near as I can tell the old geocities site is there forever unless you upgraded that account to a Yahoo id at some point-- there are several internet horror stories of old Geocities pages with bad phone numbers, e-mails and what-all on them that can't be gotten rid of.

The only thing that might work anymore is somebody else claiming your pages are violating their copyright.

You can also put up another page and hope it gets ahead in the search rankings.