Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Glock for CO/LO in 2024?

uhmeebuh

Thanks all!  

I ended up with a G45 with the Radian Ramjet...and it shoots pretty amazingly....but it's not appropriate for USPSA so it'll become my main duty gun.  

So....I went with a G17.5 with a zev slide for an SRO and (with a DPM guide rod), it shoots great and is a close(ish) match for the G45 with the Ramjet for size, trigger, etc.

I got a chance to shoot a G34.5 and it's a lot slower than the 17 (and 45) but the 17 is a goldilocks IMO.  So, G17 with the longer recoil impulse while being faster than a G34 is the optimal in my experience.  But YMMV of course 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! I run a G47 for duty (CBP) with an ACRO P-2 on it. I run a G47 as my competition gun for the NMU. I typically run the G47 lower with a G19 upper (so basically a G45) with a DPP on top but have a few different slide/dot combos. I just run grip tape on the lower. I did have a heavy guide rod in it but the second one just broke (cost me the top overall spot) at a recent 2-gun match. I have really put it through the works but can really find very little difference in the G47 vs. G45 debate. 

I ran Tanfos for a few years in Production and Carry Optics but have decided to go back to Glocks across the board. I figure if a $500 gun breaks, I can just pick up another one vs. a crazy expensive one. 

It sounds like your on the right path. The G45 is the way to go in my opinion, which isn't worth much :)