Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Member, New Intro from Dallas

I have been browsing Brian's Forums for years without interacting much (because most questions have already been asked), so I figured I'd say hello from Dallas.

Started out doing multi-gun matches with UML down at ETTS.  Have done some training with various folks, including Ben Stoeger and John McNally.  This led me to doing LOTS of handloading!

Realized that training for matches wasn't meeting my goals, so now I almost exclusively train with Green Eye Tactical.  In the past couple of years, I started a "training company" and train friends and family.  Women are the best students, by far, hahaha...they almost always end up shooting better groups than their husbands.  I have an NRA certification and insurance through them, but other than that I'm just training folks for personal benefit.  It isn't exactly a profitable endeavor, but I find that I have a knack and a passion for it.  For the record, this is not an ad for you guys to train with me.  I'm a nobody in the industry.  I don't have a website, business cards, or social media, but I wanted to be clear what my focuses and experiences are.

This forum, the CZ forum, and the 6.8 Forum seem to be the best places to interact with folks who focus on getting better.  Really appreciate the time you folks take to interact.

Thanks for asking, @RangerTrace. Did some baseball and basketball coaching, and work as a data analyst in the petroleum industry.

Is there a "post these things in your intro" page that I should read? Also, somehow I managed to disable notifications. I never recieved notification of your reply, sorry. 

GET is at TDSA almost full time now. Eric is the best instructor I have trained with, without question. I have trained with Be Stoeger once, and John McNally a few times. They're both great guys. Love John McNally, and his Glock trigger is unparalleled. 

But my expectations were never set higher than they have been set by Eric at GET. 

McNally, being a 5-time Olympian, can probably shoot better than just about anyone, but Eric convincingly conveys why it's worth raising your training standards. 

I got to ETTS and TDSA, but I really miss Triple C! 

Oh man. I miss Triple C also. I found that one too late. I had never really paid it much attention because it's a good bit west of me, but then the wife and I went out there for a Robert Vogel class, and discovered what an amazing facility it was. A couple years later the trust/lease dispute happened and *poof*