Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik MC 9 parts question

Dave5028

Recently purchased a Canik MC9 , which makes my 3rd canik.

Really nice guns for the money. My Rival S is in my opinion just as good a gun as my Sig C5 Legion, (which has had trigger improvements.

Now to the point. I disassembled my MC 9 down to to install a reduced power trigger reset spring, a reduced power fireing pin spring and lighter plunger spring.

Unfortunately when I pushed down on the extractor pin pin to release the extractor slightly so as to remove the safety plunger spring to replace with the softer one the extractor pin and extractor pin spring escaped to unknown territory.

I call Canik support and they do not have either of these parts and stated they had no idea when they would have them, and I should just keep checking their website.

On an old post I saw someplace where a guy in my situation found a walter extractor pin and pin spring that fit and worked great.

Does anyone know where I could get these parts.

Much appreciate any help !

Desperate Dave

6 hours ago, CurlyShuffle said:

Midwest Gun Works has Canik parts, though I don't know if they have those specific ones.  It's worth a look.

Thanks for the response.  I called them and they don’t know details of what fits what, they only use caniks descriptions of parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with the Canik reps at The Gathering at the Clinton House on Friday and was told the parts supply would improve greatly once the Canik manufacturering plant was up and running in the US.