Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 014 Identification Question

I recently traded for a stack of random stuff (mostly reloading equipment and components). At the bottom of the pile, there was a seemingly new in package, Safariland 014 holster in red. I can't find any information on the holster (nor a label on the packaging) to determine what the model / gun fit is. Is there a trick to this that I'm missing? How do I determine what model the holster fits (so I can sell it - I don't think I'll ever shoot open)?

99.9% of those were made to fit 1911 and 2011 pattern guns.  They could also fit some of the square trigger guard CZ's.  A smaller number were made to fit Glocks.  Those are the only two fitments that I am aware of.

The 1911/2011 one had a thin piece of plastic on the bottom of the locking insert that was removable.  The holster fit a 1911, Para, Caspian (and others with thin steel trigger guards) with that piece in-place.  Remove it and it'd fit the thick trigger guards of the STI/SV plastic grips.

19 hours ago, Braxton1 said:

99.9% of those were made to fit 1911 and 2011 pattern guns.  They could also fit some of the square trigger guard CZ's.  A smaller number were made to fit Glocks.  Those are the only two fitments that I am aware of.

The 1911/2011 one had a thin piece of plastic on the bottom of the locking insert that was removable.  The holster fit a 1911, Para, Caspian (and others with thin steel trigger guards) with that piece in-place.  Remove it and it'd fit the thick trigger guards of the STI/SV plastic grips.

Awesome, thank you for the information. I can try a 1911 and a glock and see what happens. I appreciate it!