Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Permanent carbide grips (not skateboard tape)

9 minutes ago, lroy said:

This is the most aggressive grip tape ive ever felt. Its like grabbing barbed wire. Lol

Yes. Depending upon what you do for a living you will likely need to use it for a while before your hands adapt.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used silicone carbide to build up the girth of their grips on a polymer gun? (several layers?)  I'm thinking along the lines of a palm swell grip.  Right now I'm using skateboard tape with good results but the grip just doesn't fill the palm of my hand as mush as I like.

Just now, togmaster said:

Has anyone used silicone carbide to build up the girth of their grips on a polymer gun? (several layers?)  I'm thinking along the lines of a palm swell grip.  Right now I'm using skateboard tape with good results but the grip just doesn't fill the palm of my hand as mush as I like.

I have seen a few people do it. it just seems weird to me but then again they molded the grip to them so it works on them

Just now, togmaster said:

I didn't do anything that extreme when I did my P320 grip but I did use a hefty amount of epoxy.

There was a noticeable, but not extreme, increase in overall circumference but it followed the existing profile.

At one point DAA had a video on their site where they used some epoxy putty to do something like what you are suggesting. I don't know if it is still there. I'd bet there are some Youtube videos from others...