Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SFX Rival - co-witness Front Sight replacement

DirtBag

I just got a new Canik SFX Rival (Poly) and plan on using it for USPSA comp. I put a Leupold Deltapoint Pro w/ their rear sight on it and am very happy with the way it shoot but I need to change out the front sight with something higher for backups. 

From what I can find the front sight is different from the Matte series and I haven't been able to find any aftermarket replacements. Dose anyone have experience with a similar setup or know what tall/suppressor height sights might be compatible?

Thanks for any responses. 

Which red dot was it that failed on you? I'm curious so I stay away from it. Hehe. I own multiple Holosuns and Leupold DPPs. Not a single one has failed on me. So, at least for me, and as @bigtimelarry says, I never run my comp guns with irons. Just something to snag on something, lose skin or cut my hand, in my opinion.

11 hours ago, DirtBag said:

Vortex Venom - came with my FN 509t

Ah. I've only owned a couple of those and though neither have failed on me, I understand. For the red dots I own now, I just change batteries and/or carry spares on me.

To your question in your original post, have you checked with Warren or Dawson for a taller front sight post? That is if you feel you really need to have irons on your comp gun. I've run DPP in my G34, Rival-S, X5 Legion, PCC (as secondary), etc. and have not had the need for irons on any of them. All of my comp pistols have no front or rear sights. I've always taken them off ASAP if they're for CO/LO.