Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

18-01 percentage oddity

GJM

At a match on Sunday, a friend asked me to check his classification percentage on 18-01. His hit factor was 4.3 and he was shooting open. The classification calculator said that was a 70% run. I checked it for  carry optics, and that same hit factor would result in an 85% classifier. Then I looked at limited optics, and it would be 55%. Later I went to the USPSA website, thinking, perhaps the app was off, and it had all the same percentages. This makes absolutely no sense, with the same hit factor being 15 percent lower for LO compared to open. 

On 12/11/2023 at 5:51 PM, GJM said:

At a match on Sunday, a friend asked me to check his classification percentage on 18-01. His hit factor was 4.3 and he was shooting open. The classification calculator said that was a 70% run. I checked it for  carry optics, and that same hit factor would result in an 85% classifier. Then I looked at limited optics, and it would be 55%. Later I went to the USPSA website, thinking, perhaps the app was off, and it had all the same percentages. This makes absolutely no sense, with the same hit factor being 15 percent lower for LO compared to open. 

yes, someone misentered this last June. My understanding is it has been shared with IT previously, but wouldn’t hurt for you to do that again.

• 2 months later...