Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Spring Weight I Should Use In My Sig 226?

Rosshooting

Any suggestions about the weight of the recoil spring of Sig 226 in Production Division (without shock buffs) I should use? I’ve just ordered wolff calibration pack with 10,11,12,13,14 lb (the stock is 15lb). Do someone have any experience with 226 in competition? Thanks!

I shot the 226ST for about 6-8 months. I had a trigger job done on it from Bruce Gray. AWESOME!!! Bruce does unbelieveable trigger jobs. Bruce recommended (for a 9mm minor for Prod) a 11 or 12lb recoil spring. I dont remember if mine had a 11 or 12, I think it might have been an 11lb. Bruce is the MAN for any Sig work.

I have been shooting the 226's for about three years, both a stock 226-9b and a 226 sport/stock, and I really like a tired stock spring. I tried the wolff's and they just didn't last long enough like stock. They also are so skinny that they can creep past the recoil rod and poke out of the hole in the slide. The springs that I stay on top of the most are mag springs, I have trashed matches because of bad mag springs, use the wolff +10% and they work great.

-Neil