Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifiers / Matches / Competitors - Steel challenge Stats

jrdoran

So there have been many threads and posts in the context of how do we grow membership for Steel Challenge. What can we learn from the success and the stats here in this thread about successful clubs and large matches?

34 minutes ago, jrdoran said:

So there have been many threads and posts in the context of how do we grow membership for Steel Challenge. What can we learn from the success and the stats here in this thread about successful clubs and large matches?

I believe the thing that these clubs are doing is running a consistent amount of high quality matches. As a match director, I found that most people likely to come back to a match if it is on the same weekends or days. They know ahead of time that they can’t plan anything that day because there’s a match, even if that match isn’t on the calendar yet.

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I believe the thing that these clubs are doing is running a consistent amount of high quality matches. As a match director, I found that most people likely to come back to a match if it is on the same weekends or days. They know ahead of time that they can’t plan anything that day because there’s a match, even if that match isn’t on the calendar yet.

Agree.  

We have the same designated weekend days….1st Sunday, 2nd Saturday and 3rd Saturday.  MD’s open up Practiscore in advance.  Also, all stages are classifiers.

Having good steel is also important.

we have good MD’s too.