Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger for St. Victor PCC in 9mm

A few months back, I purchased a Springfield Armory St. Victor PCC in 9mm. The rifle seemed to work well, but at the suggestion of a friend who shoots USPSA more than I do, I installed a Hiperfire Eclipse trigger. I took the rifle to the range to test it along with a different optic and ran about 150 rounds through it.

A few weeks later, I took the rifle to a local USPSA match and on the very first stage the rifle went full auto and of course, I was disqualified for the day. I contacted Hiperfire and they were very gracious, and sent me a replacement trigger, despite the fact the original trigger tested properly on their test rig. I installed the replacement trigger, took it to the range, and after a few rounds, the rifle went full auto again.

Does anyone here have any experience with installing and using an aftermarket trigger in this particular model of rifle that works reliably?  I am not interested in experimenting with other triggers that have not been tested and used regularly in this firearm.

Thanks for any insights you may be able to provide.

I wish I had some experience they could help you, but I’ve only had this happen with a Timney trigger in my Stag 9mm PCC. I found no solution to the issue and changed it to a dedicated CMC PCC trigger with no issues. It was very frustrating because it didn’t happen all the time.
Are you using a dedicated PCC trigger or a generic one for an AR15?

Good luck. 

2 minutes ago, philmadxx said:

I wish I had some experience they could help you, but I’ve only had this happen with a Timney trigger in my Stag 9mm PCC. I found no solution to the issue and changed it to a dedicated CMC PCC trigger with no issues. It was very frustrating because it didn’t happen all the time.
Are you using a dedicated PCC trigger or a generic one for an AR15?

Good luck. 

The Hiperfire Eclipse was designed for use in a PCC. I am looking for another trigger, but so far I can't find one that has been tested and proven to work with this particular rifle. Thanks for your comment.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for digging this up.

I purchased a Springfield Armory St. Victor PCC a couple months ago. Changed the buffer to a heavy KAK enhanced right away. Now I'm trying to pick a better trigger. Looking at the CMC PCC flat model. Anyone have this combo?

ETA, I have little PCC experience... Would a AR15 2 stage trigger work in a 16 in PCC?

Edited by blindshooter
added info
On 11/19/2023 at 6:46 AM, blindshooter said:

Sorry for digging this up.

I purchased a Springfield Armory St. Victor PCC a couple months ago. Changed the buffer to a heavy KAK enhanced right away. Now I'm trying to pick a better trigger. Looking at the CMC PCC flat model. Anyone have this combo?

ETA, I have little PCC experience... Would a AR15 2 stage trigger work in a 16 in PCC?

I switched to a Triggertech AR9 trigger and to date have had no further issues.