Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armanov tool head rl1100 help !

I just received the armanov tool head and trying to install it and having nothing but problems . First you can not tighten the tool head down either hand tight or to spec which I think is 15ftlbs. I can not get a full stroke . I can go 3/4 of the way down and it stops,  coming back up  This ratcheting linkage  or the threaded holes on the tool head seems to be the problem . It seems that it’s not traveling the complete distance to actually the restriction tab. Could the milling be off a little bit or I am doing something wrong . I put back my Dillion tool head with no problems. I even swapped ratchets . Still the same 

IMG_6951.jpeg

IMG_6950.jpeg

IMG_6949.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

The armanove toolhead is a waste of time. LNL bushings....suck.

Furthermore, because of the gap between the toolhead and shellplate on the 1050/1100 you must run your dies deep in the toolhead to reach the casings/shellplate. This is the same case for dillon heads. But the Armanov head is thicker and then the bushings cover even more die threads. You will have one or maybe 2 threads available to secure your dies in the LNL bushings. Especially on your sizing dies. 

The armanov is machined nicely and has some neat features but falls just short of the mark in my opinion. 

I would use the armanov without the ratchet tab. Those are terrible also. Removing them from all toolheads regardless of brand is the best option for operators comfortable with the machine. 

I totally agree after going through that . What I had found was it was hitting the brass guide rod bushing , that why I couldn’t get a full stroke . I was gonna use it as a processing tool head but now it’s just a paperweight. 

On 10/6/2023 at 5:45 AM, Broke82 said:

I totally agree after going through that . What I had found was it was hitting the brass guide rod bushing , that why I couldn’t get a full stroke . I was gonna use it as a processing tool head but now it’s just a paperweight. 

Ah yea I completely forgot about another issue. Those using autodrives with a toolhead guide rod brass bushing at the back. The armanov head bottoms out on that also. At least it did on my bushing. Mine was homemade so maybe the Immortobot one is shorter but I'm not sure. 

There is a new aluminum toolhead out now that uses normal threads and has a threaded priming station. They are $200. I will dig up the link and post it here.