Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dillon rl1100 eject tab

can anyone help me with the eject tab on the dillon rl1100, i am also using the dillon Da3000 which is their auto drive. ive had this press close to a year now im having issues with the finished cartridge (9mm), it keeps getting hung up on the eject tab and messes up the indexing. ive taken it to dillon multiple times and explained my issue to them they were able to fix it. When i go home and set it up and started reloading it would go thru several rounds just fine then randomly gets caught in the eject tab flinging brass and bullets every where. i checked the press thoroughly and i dont know why it keeps doing that. it is getting really frustrating to the point where i might considered selling this. i really love this press dont get me wrong, i dont want to keep spending more time trying to figure out the issue hoping it would run smoothly and i dont want to keep sending it back to dillon wait a month or two for it to be fixed and have it come back to me working for a week and breaks down on me. So if anyone has any solutions it would be much appreciated also is their aftermarket parts for the eject tab? if so can you direct me to it?

In my experience the eject tab needs a slight additional bend so it hits the brass a little earlier.

At one point there was a video by one of the brass processors that explained the modification.

I think it was Fast and Friendly brass but not sure.

Go over to the Dillon Automation Facebook group and search for "eject". You'll find a number of postings discussing the problem.

To follow up I'll say that I ran into the same problem early on after I automated with the Ammobot which was the ancestor of the Dillon unit you have.

It was hard to tell what was happening at first; all of a sudden a case, powder and bullet got ejected across the room.

I didn't have a clue what was going on. Posted the problem to that FB group and it turned out to be a known problem.

Frustrating at first but once taken care of happens maybe once in several thousand rounds if even that often; I can't remember the last time...

Edited by ddc
spelling