Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber optic sights for glocks

Swede20

Swede,

The skinnest front sights I have seen for the Glock are only .125  (Heinie).  Nobody wants to make them any smaller becasue or the way they have to attach to the slide.  :(

I think the best bet would be to see if Dawson or EGW would make what you are looking for (from scratch).

The width on my HiViz is .125". I cut the fiber tube off so that it is recessed in the tube holder, I don't like the big ball, too much light. I am using the stock adjustable rears, I know Flex hates them because of the gaps, but it appears as a solid to me when I shoot. This combination seems to leave an acceptable amount of light around front post for distance aiming,  along with a black outline on the front notch if you cut down the tube. Not the best setup I'm sure, but it does give you 1-a smaller FO dot  2-black outline for longer shots 3-enough light around front notch for quicker aquisition. If you come up with a nice narrow fiber optic, please let us all know.

• 2 weeks later...

i just talked to the awesome folks at dawson.

the tech told me the new adjustable sight set comes with front sight at .115 width. he said they developed a new base that let them get away with it.

the new base does look different. check it out on their site http://www.dawsonprecision.com

i ordered a set.

green tube on front and red tubes on rear.

they said it would be here in a week.

will let you know how it goes.

will s.

I just ordered a custom fiber optic front sight for a Glock from Paul at Dawson Precision. Its $10 extra and Paul said the width would be .100, they can't get it down to .090.

The front sights are made for Heinie, Bo-Mar and Novak rear sights. The one I ordered is the Novak with a sight heigth of .160 which will also work with my MMC rear sight since the MMC fromt sight is .165.

The Bo-Mar front sight heigth is .275 and the Heinie is .215.

You need to call Dawson Precision( 866-300-1911) and talk to Paul since this is a new item and some of the people there seem to be unaware of its existence.