Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger bow too narrow? Atlas trigger, PT Evo grip

itzjere

I bought two new Atlas triggers this week, and when trying to fit the trigger into the grip, I noticed that the bow is very narrow compared the width of the channel in the grip.  This was true for both triggers that I bought.  I can put enough lateral movement in the shoe that will cause a very inconsistent trigger pull, which is understandable since the sear engagement is changing.  Anyone seen this?  I sent Atlas a support ticket, but they are closed for the next 10 days.

Edited by itzjere
Additional video

Was able to solve the issue tonight.  Trigger shoe wasn't that undersized (0.246") but since it was, it allowed me to move the trigger laterally and change the sear engagement.  I widen the trigger bow slowly with magazine tuner pliers.

kixP2cZ.jpg

Going slow, I was able to widen the bow to remove the lateral play even when moving the shoe aggressively, and maintained the movement of the trigger, resistance free.  Wanted to post my solution here for the next person that might come across this issue.

I suspect the PT Evo grip is much wider than 0.250".  I didn't caliper it in the moment.  Tested mags and they drop free with no impact from the trigger bow.