Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Faxon integral muzzle brake, 16" mid 5.56

Bagde

Hi! 

Was just wondering if anyone had shot these and could comment on the "brake" -ability compared to any other devices or no device at all. 

If I go this route it would be paired with adjustable gas and probably a JP SCS. And not intended as primary competition gun. 

Thanks for any input! 

Faxon-Firearms-16-inch-Gunner-Profile-Barrel-with-Integral-Slim-3-Port-Muzzle-Brake-–-5.56-NATO-2.webp

I've got one. With a LMOS and adjustable gas block, it seems just like my other 16" gun with a VG6 comp. There is basically no recoil. It shoots very well. 

If you're looking to build a very lightweight rig they are a great option. The machining on one side of the comp is a little bit rough, if that sort of thing bothers you. Also the comp looks a little funny being so skinny at the end. Neither of these things are issues for me. 

Thank you, much appreciated! What kind of handguard are you using? Or what is the longest size you think would fit, not interfering with the ports? 

I found this 13,7" from Breek that looks like it would just fit. 

l_100042971_3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have the old model of the same, which was the pinned slim brake before they started making them integral.  As mmchambers06 stated, with an adjustable gas block, there is very little recoil.  I had friends that tried to warn me off of such a light build with what they said would be an ineffective brake, but ultimately ended up being pretty happy with it.  Definitely the type of build I'd run for any bay-style match.