Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik Adapter plates for Red Dot sights

KLWorkman

I had to remove my red dot sight when I returned my Rival to the factory for a chamber issue. When the pistol was returned I attempted to remount my red dot. The adapter plates have what I describe as a "Helicoil" in the threads where the red dot mounting screw goes. In remounting the red dot the helicoil came out and wrapped itself around the screw head thus destroying it.  It appears the "parent" hole where the helicoil came from is threaded as a M3.5 X .6. Can anyone verify this?

Helicoils are the same pitch as the intended thread, but, the diameter is not. Helicoils have dedicated taps to cut the proper thread for the insert. You need to check the insert for the screw that will  be using the Helicoil.

Hey Chef, took your advice and ordered a DisDef plate today for a Rival S that's on its way to me.

The DisDef plates appear to be far superior to what Canik supplies.

Thanks much for the reference.

On 5/10/2023 at 9:47 PM, pcar157 said:

Hey Chef, took your advice and ordered a DisDef plate today for a Rival S that's on its way to me.

The DisDef plates appear to be far superior to what Canik supplies.

Thanks much for the reference.

Nice, I have 3 of them. They are better in every way IMO. look better,  sit lower, better build quality. Brandon  the owner is a nice  guy too. I got some of their other products and  everything  has been good to go.

On 5/13/2023 at 1:29 PM, Slow250 said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Bought a Disdef plate for mine as well after buggering up one of the helicoils. With their free shipping only about 13 bucks more than replacing the stock one.

IMO it’s Definitely well worth the price to upgrade even if your stock plate is good. Glad to help.