Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

nitrofin 2.0 (will it fit?)

jimbullet

Im looking at the Nitro fin 2.0 to be fitted on an STI DVC Limited.  It says the nitrofin 2.0 has a much wider rest area for the thumb as they wanted this to address requests made by open shooters. 

Has anyone used this on a limited gun and since I compete in IPSC standard, will that still fit the IPSC box even with the wider thumb area? 

I could not find any specs on how much wider it has made the new nitrofin so I can't really tell from photos.

There are differences from the #1 to the #2, but wouldn't think either one would fit an IPSC box? The #1 extends from where it contacts the frame .590 thousand and the pad is .430 thousand deep and .950 thousand long. The #2 extends .780 thousand from the frame and is .580 thousand deep and .860 thousand long. Both needed to be fit to my pistols, I imagine that depends on the manufacture's specs, nothing very involved. I do have one on a limited pistol, but once again, I don't shoot IPSC. I do like them both, #2 preferred, they help to obtain a more consistent grip.