Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI 2011 Grip Change

racerkan

I want to change out the grip on my SVI open gun, where can I find a good gunsmith to get it done? And how much would it cost? Am located in Norcal, did a research and could not find a gunsmith close by. 

Thanks in advance,

5 minutes ago, TaterHead said:

It was so minor that i don’t even recall. A tight fit, but just about perfect. I had never done it before and I was kinda happy it was so easy.

Good to know, SV make it sound like a major surgery.  Did u coat ur grip? 

Thx 

Edited by racerkan

1 hour ago, ogiebb said:

Very little sanding to make it fit. i did a few for some Friends. the Cheely was Harder to fit but not by a lot

i had a harder time fitting the trigger to the grip.

1 hour ago, Jhorizon1 said:

Lone star innovations will custom cut the grip to measurements from your frame. Also, he is awesome to deal with and will basically walk you through the process.

https://lonestarinnovations.com/lsi-outlaw-1/

Thank you guys 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tator2k said:

I bought one of the Extreme Setups for my STI. It didn't seem much more complicated then stripping a regular 1911 frame, besides the screws attaching the frame to the grip.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 10:27 AM, Jhorizon1 said:

Lone star innovations will custom cut the grip to measurements from your frame. Also, he is awesome to deal with and will basically walk you through the process.

https://lonestarinnovations.com/lsi-outlaw-1/

I have both STI and LSI grips. If your frame is within spec, either STI or LSI grips should drop in with minimal fitting.

On the other hand, if your frame is out of spec of close to it, the LSI custom machined grip (using your measurements, I think only 2 are needed) is super convenient.