Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore classifier calculator

csmith64w

Is there a data base of icore classifier scores and that percentage?

Coming from uspsa there’s typically(last 15 years) been a way of looking up the percentage prior to the sanctioning body doing their thing.

I’ve looked around a bit and can’t find any info

Chris 

3 hours ago, csmith64w said:

Is there a data base of icore classifier scores and that percentage?

Coming from uspsa there’s typically(last 15 years) been a way of looking up the percentage prior to the sanctioning body doing their thing.

I’ve looked around a bit and can’t find any info

Chris 

If you know a time and what the % was, you can calculate the 100.   Time(score) is inversely proportional to time in icore.  By way of an example, I shot cs-16 at 16.21 sec for a 69.71%/

so the math looks like

16.21/x = 69.71/100

x = 16.21 * 69.71/100

x = 16.21 * .6971

11.29 sec would be the 100% for cs-16.

I think thats right anyways.  Its a disheartening exercise :)

3 hours ago, testosterone said:

If you know a time and what the % was, you can calculate the 100.   Time(score) is inversely proportional to time in icore.  By way of an example, I shot cs-16 at 16.21 sec for a 69.71%/

so the math looks like

16.21/x = 69.71/100

x = 16.21 * 69.71/100

x = 16.21 * .6971

11.29 sec would be the 100% for cs-16.

I think thats right anyways.  Its a disheartening exercise :)

That’s a good one.

I think it would be super easy for them to post the current 100% time.

I’d make a spread sheet, to do exactly what you did, for everyone to use.

48 minutes ago, csmith64w said:

That’s a good one.

I think it would be super easy for them to post the current 100% time.

I’d make a spread sheet, to do exactly what you did, for everyone to use.

Im not actually sure why its not just surfaced, i never heard a convincing answer why uspsa doesnt just publish the hhf either except a vague thing about the classification system being what makes uspsa have value along with the rule book...

On 3/13/2023 at 7:22 PM, testosterone said:

Im not actually sure why its not just surfaced, i never heard a convincing answer why uspsa doesnt just publish the hhf either except a vague thing about the classification system being what makes uspsa have value along with the rule book...

USPSA has a literal classifier calculator on their website, so not only can you find the HHF easily, you can check your score's percentages right after shooting.   They used to hide a lot, but these days it is out there for everyone to see.

ICORE----I must admit, after I shot my last couple of classifiers, I went to the ICORE page, looked up a couple of people that I knew shot a lot of ICORE in my division, used their old scores to figure out the HHF on the classifier I had shot, and figured my percentage from it.

....I could have instead waited a couple of days and looked at the website, but I'm a math nerd and I wanted to know.

Note:  This doesn't work if the HHF have changed over time and you are using data from years and years ago.  :)