Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPM Recoil Reduction System for TS2 (.40 S&W)

Nuncles

I'm hoping someone can provide some insight into which version should be used with the TS2 .40 S&W.  I ordered this version (https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-75-tactical-sports-dpm-springs) from CZ-parts, but when I received it, I didn't have a good feeling.  The guide ruide is REALLY short.  Just cycling the slide, it seemed to function but I would like verification before attempting to put any rounds through the gun with it.  I e-mailed the company in Greece last week but have gotten no response.  Can anyone verify with 100% certainty which DPM SKU is for the TS2 in 40?

5 hours ago, EVANB said:

That's what I have for my original TS. I found a link where there is another version for TS2 and TSO

https://www.dpmsystems.com/cz-ts-2-9mm

I saw that one but it only states 9mm where other versions would state 9mm and .40 S&W.  I thought possibly that it was caliber specific which is why I didn't choose that one.  The one I chose was listed on cz-parts.com under the category of TSO/TS2.  I know many parts are compatible between the TSO and TS2 but some are not.  Hence the confustion.

For what its worth, DPM are super responsive, and however they ship is fast as hell too. I always ended up ordering straight from them in Athens, Greece. And also, I isolated t he perfect length of spring for my 180gr .40 load (I have the TSO dpm setup), and they let me purchase more replacements of just that particular spring coil count/length. nice dudes.

12 hours ago, Guitarmageddon said:

This is what I ended up using for the TSO. although the name is certainly not totally specific is it haha
https://www.dpmsystems.com/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-shadow-line-tactical-phantom-12-combinations

I ordered from CZ parts instead of DPM becuase they also had the buffers in stock.  I wanted the extra buffers in case I didn't like the DPM system.  Interesting that this system worked with your TSO in .40 when it's states that it's for a different model.

The main reason I'm insterested in the DPM system is to avoid the buffers completely.  I've read many individuals state they can cause problems when wearing out and to ditch them.  However, when I do that slide impact feels pretty viscous to me.  I'm just trying to find a solution that elimnates the problems associated with the buffers but still seems to protect the gun from getting beat to hell.

Yes, you can definitely feel it's contacting pretty harshly when there is no buffer. Some say it shortens the stroke, others warn it *could* wear to the point of breaking apart in the gun (which would probably not be catastrophic, just annoying)

But I have the DPM setup with the mid length buffer tube so that the slide really hits the breaks on the final 1/8" of stroke. Although it still technically can contact , it's greatly dampened.

57 minutes ago, Guitarmageddon said:

Yes, you can definitely feel it's contacting pretty harshly when there is no buffer. Some say it shortens the stroke, others warn it *could* wear to the point of breaking apart in the gun (which would probably not be catastrophic, just annoying)

But I have the DPM setup with the mid length buffer tube so that the slide really hits the breaks on the final 1/8" of stroke. Although it still technically can contact , it's greatly dampened.

Which DPM is the one with the mid length buffer tube?

Edited by Nuncles
Spelling correction

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give an update to the thread.

I have been in contact with DPM and have supplied them with some measurements for them to create a custom system for the TS2 in .40.  I should receive it next week for testing.  Who knows, perhaps (if successful) it may become part of their product line.