Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 questions about trigger bar

Abominator

So I just bought my 1st Beretta. A 92x RDO. Haven't shot a 92 since boot camp on 06. Always wanted one but have always preferred SIGs. Well my SIG collection is large enough.....for now. So I went for it. 

After a few range sessions I wanted to do some upgrades. LTT tjiab was out of stock so I ordered the LTT trigger bar, springs, Elite II hammer, steel mag release, and solid WC guide rod.

I polished all the points that an LTT kit would. Incredible difference. 

1st question. How can I get a good polish on the trigger bar? This damn coating is so hard! Sear, hammer, hammer strut all polished real easily. I burned up 2 dremel pads but it didn't break through the coating

2nd question. Is the trigger bar supposed to rub on the inside of the grip? I installed LOK grips and there is some drag from the contact. Nothing major but it's actually audible whe you hold it up your ear. 

Edited by Abominator

So first off you’re not really supposed to polish the trigger bar since it has a DLC coating, which holds onto lubricity pretty well, not AS good as NP3 but pretty close. Put some PTFE infused grease all over the trigger bar and you should be fine or oil if you wanna be simple. 

Second, no your trigger bar really shouldn’t be dragging, so your best option is to file or sand down the inside of your right grip where it could be rubbing against the trigger bar.