Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Master trigger not resetting when slide cycles

Rudukai13

Anyone dealt with this before? Started when I was at the range today. When the gun fires the slide cycles and it looks like the hammer resets, but the trigger is dead. I have to thumb the hammer back a small amount to get a “click” when the sear re-engages and then the trigger is live again. It’s doing this with both live ammo and dryfire manipulations - cycling the slide doesn’t reset the trigger, thumbing the hammer back does.

Any suggestions?

25 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

Anyone dealt with this before? Started when I was at the range today. When the gun fires the slide cycles and it looks like the hammer resets, but the trigger is dead. I have to thumb the hammer back a small amount to get a “click” when the sear re-engages and then the trigger is live again. It’s doing this with both live ammo and dryfire manipulations - cycling the slide doesn’t reset the trigger, thumbing the hammer back does.

Any suggestions?

Suggestions:

Do you have a trigger stop screw? Might have walked out a little and needs to be backed out. 

Might be time to replace the trigger return spring. 

Check the trigger bar/plunger spring to see if the trigger bar is moving freely. 

Check your sear spring. 

No new parts added between the last several range trips and this one. It does sound like it could be the pre-travel screw on the trigger, when the trigger does reset there’s noticeably less take-up before the wall. With the slide off the gun everything else appears to be moving and functioning normally

32 minutes ago, himurax13 said:

What trigger are you running? It does sound like you need to increase the pre travel to allow the sear to reset fully. Did you add any new parts recently like a disconnector?

It’s just the stock Lim Master SAO trigger, but it does have adjustable pre- and over-travel screws. I’ll take the gun to my gunsmith on Monday afternoon, if that’s the issue he can correct it in five minutes and then loctite them in place