Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Charles Daly M5 Govt Magazines

cactus299

thanks for the responses, but back to the original question. What mags work in the Charles Daly M5 government in 45 acp?

I have a Kimber and a Bul. The mags are interchangeable. The Para mags need modification, or, the gun needs a modified mag catch to use them.

To get more than 14 use Dawson base pads.

• 2 months later...

just an update,

I just received a STI mag and it does not come close to working in my Bul M5 (Round trigger guard) 45 acp. I will send it back to Midway and try a Para. I hoped it would work but the knotch is way off from the othes. The Kimber works fine but only holds 13. The Bul has a habit of locking back with rounds in the mag. Any ideas?

just an update,

I just received a STI mag and it does not come close to working in my Bul M5 (Round trigger guard) 45 acp. I will send it back to Midway and try a Para. I hoped it would work but the knotch is way off from the othes. The Kimber works fine but only holds 13. The Bul has a habit of locking back with rounds in the mag. Any ideas?

Try PSI, the importer of ACT mags.

I have 2 of these guns (one old style, one new style) and like them very much.

If the gun locks with rounds in the mag, your slide stop will need to be shortened on its internal tab.

FYI, jim Shanahan at www.advancedperformanceshooting.com does a good grip stipple on the BUL for $65 --it really improves the feel of the gun.

just an update,

MIne would work with STI mags with a para mag release. there is a little bit of up and down play but is reliable.

Edited by bulm540