Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag extension compatibility for CZ S2 /w LOK short grips and LOK magwell

Seanzky

I finally bought the short LOK Grips for my CZS2 along with the LOK magwell. I see that LOK Grips sells a +0 base plate that's compatible but I want to buy extensions that are within the 140mm limit. Does anyone here use the LOK magwell? What are some compatible extensions out there? I'm looking to buy 5 and I don't want to have to try one and send it back if it doesn't fit or if it does fit, pay shipping again to order 4 more.

IMG_20230106_165405 (Small).jpg

IMG_20230106_165432 (Small).jpg

Edited by Seanzky

22 minutes ago, Seanzky said:

Good to know! Can you please provide a link? Is the Mec-Gar one the same one for all 17-round CZ mag? Thanks!

75/S2/MecGar mags are a bit of a PITA. I'd call CZC to make sure you have the right tubes and extensions. 

I literally had the same question.

I use the MBX Magazines.... However, out of the 6 I have, only 1 drops free. The other are semi-tight (stripping quickly is effortless though). Kinda pricey for mags, though.

Does anyone know if the Henning mag extensions work?

5 hours ago, moose97 said:

75/S2/MecGar mags are a bit of a PITA. I'd call CZC to make sure you have the right tubes and extensions. 

I found these: https://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-shadow-2-magazine-extension-for-mec-gar-nickel-mags-by-cz-custom/

What do you mean by Mec-Gar mags being a pain? Installing them?

1 hour ago, NiteQwill said:

I literally had the same question.

I use the MBX Magazines.... However, out of the 6 I have, only 1 drops free. The other are semi-tight (stripping quickly is effortless though). Kinda pricey for mags, though.

Does anyone know if the Henning mag extensions work?

Mags sticking would quickly get frustrating in a match. I'm curious about the Henning, though. I wonder.

So far I've ruled out the TTI +2/+4 because of the pin behind the magazine that looks like it would hit the magwell. I think I might just give LOK Grips a call tomorrow. I was hoping I'd find out sooner so I could order them before tomorrow, but no big deal.

5 hours ago, Seanzky said:

What do you mean by Mec-Gar mags being a pain? Installing them?

I don't mean MecGar are a pain. I mean the fact that there are 16 &17 round CZ & MecGar mags & have different length mag bodies. 

1 hour ago, darmster said:

Mec-gar nickel mags and mec-gar afc 17 round mags with springer precision extended base pads work great with lok magwell.  Locks in and drops out just fine!

I found there are two. One looks longer (https://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-shadow-2-sp-01-140mm-base-pads-by-springer-precision/) than the other. I have the 17-round magazines. I have the three that came with the CZS2 and two that Mec-Gar ones that I bought. I'll have to probably play it safe and get the shorter one (https://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-shadow-2-sp-01-140mm-ez-basepads-for-18-round-mags-by-springer-precision/)?

1 hour ago, moose97 said:

I don't mean MecGar are a pain. I mean the fact that there are 16 &17 round CZ & MecGar mags & have different length mag bodies. 

Oh, I didn't know that. Hmmm... I know I have the mags that came with the CZS2 and 2 aftermarket mags I bought. They seem to be completely identical.

IMG_20230130_075457 (Small).jpg

IMG_20230130_075518 (Small).jpg

The Mec-Gar is the one that's also stamped "Made in Italy". One of the links above says it's for the 17-round magazines and the other says it's for the 18-round magazines but will also work for the 17-round magazines. In the pictures, the one for the 18-round magazines is clearly shorter.

IMG_20230130_075532 (Small).jpg

23 minutes ago, Seanzky said:

The Mec-Gar is the one that's also stamped "Made in Italy". One of the links above says it's for the 17-round magazines and the other says it's for the 18-round magazines but will also work for the 17-round magazines. In the pictures, the one for the 18-round magazines is clearly shorter.

IMG_20230130_075532 (Small).jpg

The magazines pictured both look to be both 17 rounders.  One is factory CZ the other mec-gar.  The 18 rounds mags I have came with my sp-01 and they are labeled 18 rounds and have a longer mag body.

3 hours ago, darmster said:

Mec-gar nickel mags and mec-gar afc 17 round mags with springer precision extended base pads work great with lok magwell.  Locks in and drops out just fine!

Thanks for the info. Springer Precision is local to me so I may also give them a try.

7 hours ago, darmster said:

The magazines pictured both look to be both 17 rounders.  One is factory CZ the other mec-gar.  The 18 rounds mags I have came with my sp-01 and they are labeled 18 rounds and have a longer mag body.

Yup, both are 17-rounders. Thanks for all your help, everyone. I'll get the Springer for 17-rounders.

• 4 weeks later...