Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mcafee Locks Up

I've been a happy McAfee user for a couple of years now. I use to run Norton, but like the McAfee interface better.

I installed the 22006 version a couple of months ago and everything has been seemless. Just recently I run the program in addition to my scheduled times (I know that I should just change my scheduled times to more frequently) and the program gets to a point where it just doesn't move forward.

If you are familiar with the program it has a magnifying glass that moves over a piece of paper like it is looking for something. This icon is still animated but the program won't advance. Right now it has been on file 69,596 for over an hour and won't progress. The list of detected files has 4 entries of potentially unwanted files but no viruses.

What do you think, just wait until McAfee updates the dat files in a couple of days and see if it will run or do I have some type of problem that I should move on?

Thanks,

Rick

I use AVG currently (and it's free) and it seems to be more proficient than McAfee and several others. I actually WAS a McAfee subscriber (way back when before I knew much of anything) and it just seemed like it was costing me money and not doing much... plus they somehow had me set up on an automatic-pay (annual) thru my credit card that I knew nothing about. I got angry... discontinued the service... switched immediately to AVG.