Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther PDP 4.5" for IPSC - your setup?

Slowmisses

How do people setup their PDP's for IPSC? There you cannot replace the recoil spring with a Sprinco system or similar. I have real trouble finding any IPSC legal replacement guide rods and springs here in Europe. Most used ones seem to be shipped inside USA only, at least not shipped to my country. Anyone using glock guide rods, recoil springs and striker springs? If so, which ones? Im shooting a 4.5" Fullsize with factory loads.

Any input would be appreciated.

Since all lengths of PDPs take the same parts, I'll post my experience. Shooting a 4" compact, I bought a ZR Tactical Guide rod and a ISMI Glock fullsize 15lb spring. It's been a worthwhile upgrade shooting my reloads. Both 125 and 147 grain. Just doesn't feel as snappy and has better recoil characteristics. 

My only gripe is, even with some kind of guide from the muzzle, it is a bear to get in and out because the spring is so long compared to the guide rod.  

With all that, I'm not sure if it's IPSC legal. 

Edited by Scotty_JR
More info

• 1 year later...

It’s a shame that Walther does not make more competition parts for their guns. The standard captured recoil spring is set for +P ammo (about 150+ PF).

The only thing I can suggest is sending emails to Walther and asking them if they plan to produce factory parts that can be used for competition. 

I'll second the ZR captured guide rod.  15lb spring is the recommended recoil spring for minor PF rounds. 

I've run both the standard and "long stroke".  Both work well.😎