Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Eemann slide stop legal for USPSA Production?

matteekay

This thing is obviously a thumb rest masquerading as a slide stop:

ET-152000-Eemann-Tech-Slide-Stop-with-Th

Equivalent offerings for the CZ and P320, etc, are approved for use because they're still functional slide stops and/or takedown levers. I'm guessing this would be legal since it still works as a slide stop? Has anyone checked?

7 minutes ago, matteekay said:

This thing is obviously a thumb rest masquerading as a slide stop:

ET-152000-Eemann-Tech-Slide-Stop-with-Th

Equivalent offerings for the CZ and P320, etc, are approved for use because they're still functional slide stops and/or takedown levers. I'm guessing this would be legal since it still works as a slide stop? Has anyone checked?

This is a two part question

1. Is it an external part mentioned in Appendix D4 section 21.6?  Yes: proceed to question 2.  No: part is not legal, forget about it.

2. Does the pistol still fit in the production box?  Yes: you can use it in Production, No: you can't use it in Production

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

2 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

This is a two part question

1. Is it an external part mentioned in Appendix D4 section 21.6?  Yes: proceed to question 2.  No: part is not legal, forget about it.

2. Does the pistol still fit in the production box?  Yes: you can use it in Production, No: you can't use it in Production

So... have you tried it? I think it'd fit but confirmation would be great.

1 hour ago, matteekay said:

So... have you tried it?

Nope

I was just answering to their rules legality.  One-piece thumb rests that replace pins or slide stops are always legal in CO regardless of size because CO doesn't use the production box.  A mistake IMO.  The IDPA CO box has a slot on the top for the optic to protrude and that's exactly what we should have done

Personally I don't see the point of thumb rests like that one.  Every one I've tried in someone else's pistol has been too far back to let me build my grip how I want.