Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bear Creek BC9

Anyone have real world experience with the Bear Creek BC9 bufferless upper.  I know it's bear creek and am fully aware of what they are as a company but I want something cheap to literally run at a once a year match and random range toy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 9:56 AM, APL-G35 said:

Anyone have real world experience with the Bear Creek BC9 bufferless upper.  I know it's bear creek and am fully aware of what they are as a company but I want something cheap to literally run at a once a year match and random range toy.

Hello, I don’t have any experience with Bear Creek; however, my PCC sponsor makes excellent quality and affordable platforms. I currently run my BM9 in PCC USPSA and it runs excellent. I think the entire platform (upper/lower) comes to about $800. Give them a look:

https://brigadefirearms.com

I just received one and tried it out - I like it - shot both S&B 115 and my 115 Gn 3.5 CFE Pistol and SPP primers steel challenge loads, cycled both and the recoil on the factory loads was light.  In the process of switching barrel to Taccom ULW for steel challenge - will let you know -but initial results - I like it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 10:30 AM, Texaspaul said:

I just received one and tried it out - I like it - shot both S&B 115 and my 115 Gn 3.5 CFE Pistol and SPP primers steel challenge loads, cycled both and the recoil on the factory loads was light.  In the process of switching barrel to Taccom ULW for steel challenge - will let you know -but initial results - I like it!

Thanks for the info Texaspaul. That's what I'm looking for.

Installed the ULW barrel and I am still impressed.  Had a buddy try it out for a second opinion and we both thought it was really soft with the SC loads, he actually called me a cheater it was so soft and very little dot movement.  He also had the opinion that the factory loads had less recoil.  Going to a SC match Sunday - see if my times improve.  My main gun is a BCA left side charge upper and bolt blowback with another ULW barrel and the Magnetic Delayed Recoil System and is really soft and no movement - will see how it does!