Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost hydra with shadow 2

McTrigger

Any first hand experience on the hydra holster and a shadow 2? What I’m after is if the trigger guard latch failed or was not properly secured would the bottom portion of that holster keep the gun in place? Or would it just simply fall top forward and flip out? The Hydra P would obviously keep the firearm in the bucket but I’m talking just the regular hydra. I don’t shoot USPSA so the coverage don’t concern me. A open gun seems to remain secure do to length but production type guns are

pretty flush with the bottom. Those screws sound like the only serve to take up any wiggle but I haven’t handled this holster. Just looking for feedback on this type of rig. 

Edited by McTrigger

I have one but use a Tanfoglio. Your pistol fits in my hydra P holster. The upside is that the pistol is locked into the holster. Downside for me is when it’s in the holster you can move the pistol an inch or so front to back. I was hoping that the locking would be as secure as my DAA Race holster. It isn’t. It is production/Carry optics legal so that’s another plus. 

1 hour ago, N7VY said:

I have one but use a Tanfoglio. Your pistol fits in my hydra P holster. The upside is that the pistol is locked into the holster. Downside for me is when it’s in the holster you can move the pistol an inch or so front to back. I was hoping that the locking would be as secure as my DAA Race holster. It isn’t. It is production/Carry optics legal so that’s another plus. 

You run the regular hydra on the tanfoglio? That tanfo would be close enough. If that locking mechanism failed would the bottom portion keep that pistol in place? Or would it just tumble out? 

Personally I’d keep my kydex over the hydra p. But a full race holster is appealing however I always think they don’t look secure. But the Hydra maybe is more so?