Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brownells

CSEMARTIN

My wife and I were home today when the mail arrived. Brownell's sent us a Christmas gift ideas catalog. I got excited and immediately gave it to my wife. Then she proceeds to tell me, "No way! Not after what happened last year". Then it all came back to me........

Last year, my wife ordered me a Pocket Pro timer through Brownell's for X-mas. Apparently, since I've ordered from them before, they decided to send an itemized bill to me via e-mail. The surprise was ruined, and now she won't order anything for me. That sucks!!

I had that same problem. I wanted to order something real nice for my husband for x-mas, his birthday, our anniversary and I can't surprise him. It wouldn't matter if they sent and an invoice or not. He studies those catalogs like text books so he knows the price on any thing. He could just see how much was taken out of the account and tell me what I got and from where. Scary I know. I have come to the conclution (after about 2 yrs of this) that I will never be able to surprise him. Now I just tell him he has a certain amount to spend and he can just order it himself. Do you guys really care if you are being surprised or not? I think maybe not. :P I think in your case it was more that she felt bad that she couldn't surprise you. I agree with Chriss, you should just pretend you don't know. It's all about how she feels by being able to give it to you. I felt the same way when my husband would find out about his gifts.

Not that it was a big shock, since I told my wife what I wanted, and then she left the catolog sitting out, but Brownells did the same thing to me yesterday. They are trying to be proactive about letting their customers know what is going on, which is great except when it is supposed to be a present.

Oh Yes... My wife just this minute told me our housekeeper called today and said "Archie called and said your two rifles were ready to pick up," -Archie is my FFL guy. - Soooo, My wife asks (of course) "what TWO RIFLES?" I replied I don't know anything about any rifles... ( they are pistols)

Is this lying?

Do liars go to hell?