Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will I improve the trigger on my Shadow Systems XR920 with another trigger kit?

BLUEPSTU

Just got the XR920. Of course the trigger is much improved over a stock Glock. Right now, the trigger pull is around a constant 3lbs 11 oz. I would def like this trigger to be lighter/better. Will dropping an Apex kit or one of the other brand kits improve this trigger? Just didn't know what trigger SS systems is using on this gun and if it would be worth the money to buy one of the drop in kits. Thanks for any info.

My buddies 920 trigger is pretty gritty. It’s definitely not 4 pounds. A bit of polishing would make it pretty crispy I imagine though. Look up 25 cent trigger job. If your really dropping at 3.11 a polishing might make it feel perfect. 

I believe the pistol was designed as a service weapon and so was not intended to have a light trigger. JG can probably help you out if you want it to be a game gun or just like lighter Glock triggers on a carry gun. He told me his connectors were fine in a SS and so a complete trigger package might also be. Let us know how it works out.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

But isn't that 1 of the reasons you paid extra to get the shadow systems Gun the stead of a glock?

Not to speak for the OP, but the trigger isn't the attraction for the SS Glocks. Adjustable backstraps, milled low for RMR, suppressor sights, cocking serrations to name a few. Just about anyone can learn to operate a stock Glock trigger but they can change it if they don't like it.

3 hours ago, lgh said:

Not to speak for the OP, but the trigger isn't the attraction for the SS Glocks. Adjustable backstraps, milled low for RMR, suppressor sights, cocking serrations to name a few. Just about anyone can learn to operate a stock Glock trigger but they can change it if they don't like it.

Everything you mentioned pretty much come standard on the late model generation 5 glock mos... Maybe with the exception of suppressor high sights, and unless you are running a suppressor, they are not necessary.

The MOS does not mount as low as the precut for RMR. Have you shot suppressor sights? They are there for iron backups on a service gun. OEM irons don't co-witness. Also, the backstraps on the SS are designed to reproduce the 1911 grip angle. Not sure the Gen 5 do that. I pay for all those things on my Glocks so the SS is a better deal.

I think the Gen 5 trigger is waaay better than the SS. Best Glock trigger they've produced.